In this article, we will guide you through the process of forwarding expenses and invoices directly and automatically from your email inbox to Accountable, simplifying your expense tracking and accounting. You can use this method with various email clients, not just Gmail.
1. Setting Up Email Forwarding:
Open the client (e.g. Gmail) that you use for your login email in Accountable.
Click on "Settings" (usually represented as a gear icon).
Look for "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" options.
2. Configure Your Forwarding Address:
Add the Accountable forwarding email address:
Now, your email will need to be verified to make sure emails are forwarded to any of those 2 addresses.
3. Verification and Approval:
The Accountable technical team will review your email to ensure you are a valid customer.
To help the process we would appreciate if you could also let us know that you set up the process by sending us a quick email on email@example.com
Once approved, your forwarded expenses and invoices will be integrated into your Intercanto account.
4. Setting Up Automatic Filters:
Once your expenses or revenues are approved, you can create automatic filters in your email client.
- Click on "Filters and Blocked Addresses" in your settings.
- Create a new filter for expenses or revenues by specifying criteria. For example, for invoices from Uber, you can filter emails with the subject line containing "Uber" and from Uber's email address.
- Choose to forward these filtered emails to your Intercanto email address.
- Save the filter settings.
5. Enjoy Automated Expense Tracking:
Now, any email that meets your filter criteria will automatically be forwarded to your Accountable account.
Your expenses and invoices will be managed seamlessly without manual intervention and payments will automatically be matched: this is the value of Accountable.
6. Reach Out for Assistance:
If you encounter any issues or have questions, feel free to contact us through the chat.